January 25, 2009

New Year...New Things!


I've always liked to think out loud but have also always been a little leary of anyone overhearing what I might have to say. Blogging seems like a nice middle ground in-between the soap box and the bedroom closet (or for some, maybe it's the shower.)

So with the new year I thought I'd try something well, ...new. Yeah, so maybe not so original but for me exciting and a little scary. We'll see how it goes.

I'd like to say 'change is good' but for some reason the word 'change' doesn't have the same meaning to me anymore. Instead, now when I hear it, it is accompanied by a slight sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. Then I remember that my God never changes and is the solid rock that will never waver, never sway...

Deep breathe...focus...be still. God is still on the throne - change or no change.

Be blessed and more later...

4 comments:

  1. Katie German1/25/2009

    Dawn,
    You have always been excellent with words. I think you will do just great! Always good to hear from you!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing some about your own journey. It is amazing how our view changes about children when we go through very difficult things like that. It really does change your focus and appreciation! I will be sure to get some rest...or at least try to since I am still working for these last two weeks. It keeps my mind occupied though. :) I can't wait for this little girl to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FHG Rob1/26/2009

    DawnyGirl,
    Way to go. I believe this will be great for you. Don't worry to much about how you write. It is the thoughts and meaning behind the words that are important.
    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1/30/2009

    Dawn
    I am so glad you included me in your list of blog friends. Is there such a thing? There is now. LOL This is so interesting. I think Trish would enjoy your comments also. I will send you her e-mail address. Thanks.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog. I would love to hear your comments - they encourage me so much!