December 23, 2010

Learning to Lay It Down


 Lord, I lay it all down at your feet.
To no longer carry burdens not my own.
Lord, I lay it down.
I lay it down.
I sacrifice my pride.
I lay it all aside.
To know you more
and take comfort in your grace.

When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.  
(Proverbs 11:2)

Where there is strife, there is pride, but wisdom is found in those who take advice. 
(Proverbs 13:10)

Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess.  
For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses
but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. 
Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. 
(Hebrews 4:14-16)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I would love to hear your comments - they encourage me so much!