September 21, 2011

Marine What?!?

In the quest to retain our natural beauty, we women have been known to try a few, might we say, "odd" things. We will put just about anything on our faces, if it promises to give us that "youthful glow" or "baby soft skin."

And that is the situation I found myself in recently.  I had just received some new facial products that all guaranteed to  keep me looking smokin' hot make me look younger than I've looked in years .  I excitedly unwrapped the first bottle from its pretty packaging - and then saw this:

Marine extracts.  Yes, that is what it says.

Marine.

     Extracts.

Now my favorite first born son is a United States Marine.  One of the finest and the best.  I am sure that when he signed up for the USMC, he knew there would be a few surprises down the road.

I am also sure this is not what he signed up for.

I do not know what they are exactly extracting from said Marines.  I am not sure I want to know.

Correction:  I definitely do not want to know.

As far as putting it on my face?  Let's not even go there.

I am proud of my son.  In fact, I am proud of every man and woman who serves this country through their service in the military.   But there needs to be a point in time where you draw a line in the sand and say, "No more."  And I think this is it.

Just. Say. No.

Geesh.  The things us women get ourselves into.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I would love to hear your comments - they encourage me so much!