April 15, 2011

Epic Fail Friday

This week started with a couple of epic fails:

Fail #1:  Spending the longest 60 seconds ev-er in the grocery story parking lot trying to figure out why my key wouldn't open my van door.  I was in a panic, freaking out, until I realized it was not my van.  It would not have been as embarrassing, if it hadn't been for the lady sitting in the next car watching me the whole time. It would not have been as much of an epic fail, if not for the fact that my van has big purple Wahpeton Huskie paw prints - all over it. *sigh*

Fail #2:  Wednesday, we had an over-lunch department meeting.  We always order in for these, which can be tricky when trying to eat healthy but I was proud of myself for ordering a Half Chef Salad (dressing on the side, of course) and a V-8 instead of pop.  When I called over to order my meal, the lady said she didn't know what kinds of V-8's they had on hand and I told her to send "whatever, I didn't care."  I got my meal, opened my V-8 Strawberry Fruit Splash and was just about to take a big swig when I noticed this:

Yes, that says 38 grams of sugar.

Yes, that is only one gram less than my co-worker's can of Coke. 

And only 3 grams less than one of my precious Pepsi's.

Yes, I was annoyed.  Sometime you can't win for trying.  Ugh.

I could've had ... a Pepsi.  Next time, I will.

How is your week going?  Any epic fails to report? Comment below and let me know. (Hey, that even rhymes!)





I had a couple of people try to encourage me by saying the 'sugars' in this came from real fruit and not from corn syrup, etc.  I wish they were right.  However, after rechecking this is what I found: 

V-8 'Fusion' is mostly natural (if you don't count food dye and other 'added ingredients') but I had the 'Splash'.  Ingredients list: 10% Fruit Juice, High Fructose Corn Syrup... it pays to read labels.  Which is hard to do when you're ordering your lunch over a phone. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I would love to hear your comments - they encourage me so much!