March 28, 2011

Get Wisdom! for Kids

I came across something yesterday that got me really excited. It's a book for kids called "Get Wisdom: 23 Lessons for Kids about Living for Jesus" by Ruth Younts.  It is a fabulous little book that can be used at home to teach your children some basic principles about how God wants us to live - and in light of what we've been learning in Proverbs this weeks, I thought it was just perfect!

At the website, you can even preview a few pages to see what you're buying.  I took a peek and really liked what I saw: simple, yet well written, lessons to teach our kids about things such as obedience and faithfulness.  And for the next few days, the book is only $4.49 - that's 50% off.  Here is a little more information from the website:

Publisher's Description: Question: What do our kids need? Answer: They need wisdom. "Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom." Proverbs 4:7

Designed for parents or teachers to use with children from K-5-through Grade 4, twenty-three lessons illustrate qualities of wisdom and godliness. Each lesson is presented in a simple format with illustrations to capture the attention of the child, and supplemented at the back of the book with suggestions for teaching the lesson. Every child of God - both adults and children - should work hard to show these traits more and more, because we love Jesus and want to be like him. That's easier said than done, isn't it? We struggle with sin every day, and we will fail. The lessons remind us that when we do, we will find forgiveness and the grace to continue to get wisdom at the foot of the Cross. (92 Pages - Published April 2011)
I hope you check it out and even pick up a copy - I know I will be.  If you don't have kids of your own, I think this book would make a great gift. And though the recommended ages for the book is ages 5 - Grade 4, I don't think our kids, or we, are ever too young or too old to get a little wisdom.

To purchase the book, go HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I would love to hear your comments - they encourage me so much!