March 16, 2011

Giving Spring A Hand

Lately, several people in blogland have been posting all these beautiful pictures of the little signs of Spring that are popping up around their homes.  Crocuses, tulips, and a multitude of flowery and fragrant tree blossoms...

Totally depressing.

You see, I do not live in sunny Florida, mild Missouri or even tolerable Ohio...I live in North Dakota.  And any possible signs of Spring up here are still buried underneath 3 feet of snow.

But us North Dakotans are resourceful and so, once in awhile, we like to give Spring a little help - and that is why every year at this time, I buy a bunch of these:

 

I get these daffodils from a local organization that sells them to raise money for the American Cancer Society.  They may not look like much now but soon... they will be a delightful, sunny, happy sprig of Spring.

And. I. CAN'T. WAIT.

I've only had them in their vase a few hours and already this little guy is beginning to poke his petals out:


*Squeal*

And to add to the Spring feel in my home, I have these little beauties:



Aren't they just lovely?  They are some of the roses I got from son #1 for my birthday.  I had to throw a few of the wilted ones but most of them are still looking as sweet as ever.

Today the sun is shining and the snow is melting and I am sure that soon the snow crocuses will be peeking their little noses out.  But sometimes, if you're really impatient, when Spring won't come to you, you've got to go get it yourself.

Hope you can find yourself a little sign of Spring today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I would love to hear your comments - they encourage me so much!