March 23, 2011

Randering Through Proverbs : Defenseless (Day 23)


"If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue,
he deceives himself and his religion is worthless.  Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless
is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress 
and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
 (James 1:26, 27)

"If one of you says to him, “Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed,” 
but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it
In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead." 
(James 2:16, 17)

"I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me."
(Matthew 25:40)

The poor...the widow...the fatherless...

They are all around us.  And they need our love...and our compassion.

How are we defending those that cannot defend themselves?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I would love to hear your comments - they encourage me so much!