March 5, 2011

Getting My Attention: How Life Is To Be Lived

So I was sitting on the couch this morning, getting ready to have my devotions, when I looked up and saw this:


You may be wondering what "this" is and I will get to "this" in a minute (and its not all the paint chips hanging on the wall or the big white spot where the paint is missing.)

Because first, I have a confession...

It took me two hours to notice it was there.  I got up this morning, read the paper, checked email, putzed around the living room a little bit...and didn't notice a thing.

Yesterday, I posted about "paying more attention".  The irony is killing me.  But back to the point of this post.

"This" is some artwork I had seen in a gift shop, where my husband and I were killing time about a month ago as we waited for our kids to get done with Awanas.  It was actually sitting on the floor and kind of tucked behind some other items on display, so we did not notice it at first.  I  liked the simple scene and the calm, muted colors:


But what got my attention was what it said (click on the photo if you want to view a larger version):



That is how I want to live my life.  

That is how I want my kids to understand life is to be lived.

*sigh*

Oh, and I suppose I should explain how "this" ended up on my wall.  
Today just happens to be my birthday.  
And I just happen to have a husband that rocks.

Be blessed...




_________________________________________________________________________________________________

This piece of artwork also reminds me of one of my favorite songs, "The Words I Would Say" by Sidewalk Prophets.  It is truly a message I hope that I am communicating to my children ever day.


If you can not see the video, please go Here.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I would love to hear your comments - they encourage me so much!