March 24, 2011

Toby Says 'Get Back Up': Randering Through Proverbs (Day 24)

Yesterday was the lo-ongest day e-ver. It was a "snow day" here in North Dakota, due to a late winter/early spring storm, and the kids were home from school - so it should have been a great day to hang out with the kids.

But unfortunately, I do not get paid to not go to work, so I managed to drag myself out of the house into the blowing snow to go to work for a few hours. Blech.

When I got home, Isaac and I changed into our running clothes and headed to the gym for our run. For the first time since we started training, I had absolutely no motivation to do this. Instead, I wanted nothing more to crawl up on the couch in my jammies and hibernate. To make matters worse, for some reason the temperature in the gym was set at "sauna" and I thought I was going to pass out from the heat. Even Toby Mac couldn't serenade me out of my bad attitude.

We got back home where I proceeded to break something, lose something, and then realize I'd bought the wrong ingredients for a recipe I needed to make that night.  Is this day over yet?

I was in a crabby funk.  Remember that picture from an earlier post?  Yesterday, that was me.  It was one of those days where nothing seemed to go right.  Top it off with having to look out my front window and instead of seeing clean streets, melting snow and snow crocuses peeking out of the dirt - all I saw was another 6 inches of snow and streets filled with ice and slush.

(Would you like to go get me some cheese to go with my "whine"?)

I started writing this post with the intent of covering my Proverb for the day.  Now I have no idea where I am going with it.  *sigh*  So I'll try this:

"For though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again." (Proverbs 24:16)

Yesterday, I had a bad day.  But today is a new day and I thank God his mercies are new every morning.

Yesterday, I had a little "falling out" - with myself, my attitude and even with "mother nature".  But today, with God's help, I will rise and get back up again.

Which ironically, brings me back to Toby Mac. Check it out:


If you cannot not see video, please go HERE.

Ahhh...so much better.

Today the sky is clear and blue and the sunshine is streaming in the windows.  With God, and little help from my man Toby, today is definitely going to be a much better day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I would love to hear your comments - they encourage me so much!