March 9, 2011

Randering Through Proverbs : Delighted With You (Day 8)

This is something I created. 

(Please note: The milk on the "stuffed animal's" face was not part of the original design 
but was "accidentally" added by one of my sons after I brought it home):


Impressed? Probably not. 

I am hoping you can at least tell what it is.

Even though it was good enough to win a prize at a recent baby shower,
I will by no means ever make a living as a sculptor. 

But then look at this - here is something created by a true artist and craftsman:


Beautiful  isn't it?  The delicate petals all gracefully nestled together - yet each one distinctly beautiful in its own.  The subtle shades of pink and yellow - obvious but yet not overpowering.  Without a doubt, created by someone who knew what he was doing - someone with infinite skill and passion for his craft.

Proverbs 8:27-31:
"I was there when he set the heavens in place, when he marked out the horizon on the face of the deep, when he established the clouds above and fixed securely the fountains of the deep, when he gave the sea its boundary so the waters would not overstep his command, and when he marked out the foundations of the earth.

Then I was the craftsman at his side. I was filled with delight day after day, rejoicing always in his presence, rejoicing in his whole world and delighting in mankind."

Psalm 139:13-14
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.; I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."

He rejoices over you - yes, YOU!

You are his creation and he knitted you together with love and purpose and potential.

You were not just slapped together on an assembly line.  You were created by a professional - a skilled, highly creative, and enthusiastic artist. 

And He created you with his finest craftsmanship - all the while rejoicing and delighting over you.

You are a fine piece of craftsmanship.

Priceless.

Beautiful.

And irreplaceable

Don't EVER let anyone tell you anything different.




PS - Just in case you couldn't figure it out, my "sculpture" was of a swaddled baby, with pacifier, holding a teddy bear.  And those beautiful roses are just a few of the 2 dozen roses my oldest son sent me for my birthday.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I would love to hear your comments - they encourage me so much!