March 18, 2011

Random Updates

First off, a couple of quotes I read today that seem to line up with our journey through Proverbs this month:
"Wisdom is the reward you get for a lifetime of listening when you'd preferred to talk". ~Doug Larson
“Watch your thoughts; they become words.Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.” - Frank Outlaw
I think the only thing I would've added to the second one is:  Watch your friends, they become your future.  (I know I've heard that somewhere, too, but not sure where.)


Second, a running update.  Isaac and I are just finishing up week two of our From Couch to 5K program and I haven't passed out yet it is going well.

I have to remind myself often that I don't have to run as fast as my light footed 12 year old (or as far as my Mighty Marine.)   I just need to do better than I did before - at my own pace.

I was a little discouraged after our first run when I realized
that at that rate it would take me 66 minutes to run a race
that the average person runs in 25.  *sigh*  But I have been tracking my progress and I have already cut that time
down to 53.5802446 minutes (not that I'm being particular 
or anything).  Seeing that much of an improvement in such
a short time really gets me excited and I am almost
convinced I can do this. 


I won't be re-naming myself "Runs-Like-the-Wind" anytime soon but, eh, I'll get over it...

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I would love to hear your comments - they encourage me so much!